Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Am I sure I want to go Abroad?

I am worried about two things after started my blog.
The one is poor writing skills, and the other is poor vocabulary.
I would say both English and Japanese.

In fact, I haven’t had a lot of chances to write such as this kind of blog, in order to my education and career that is engineering.
In terms of English, I focused on conversation and communication, so my writing skills are actually poor.
When you notice something bad grammar or you can’t understand what I am sating, I appreciate that if you point out.
Do I have too much problems?  Oh, please, don’t say that. 

By the way, I would like to talk about myself.
I went to Vancouver, Canada after worked as a System Engineer for 3 years.   
I have stayed there for 9 months, and then I could enter UCSD Extension Business Management Program, Marketing emphasis, which was my first objective.   
This program is for graduated student, and it takes 9 months.  
I have just started the final quarter.

I was waiting the opportunity to go abroad, which is one of my dreamsI actually had conflicts in my mind whether or not the decision is valuable.

Peter@College
Peter #1: "I think that I would have a lot of new experience if I go abroad."

Peter #2: "Oh, wait.  If I go abroad, I cannot get a job for a year.  Most of my
             friends are going to get a job.
  You must feel uncomfortable
             with it
."

Peter #1: "That is true, but if I work in Japan as soon as finish university,
               I could not go abroad even as a vacation."

Peter #2: "Somehow I cannot enjoy without money.  In addition, I don’t
               want to say Good-bye to my friends.
  There is no guarantee
                that I would make a lot of friends in other country."

Peter #1: "That is true, but…"


After that, I had decided to stay in Japan, and I got a job.
However, 3 years later, I argued it again.


Peter@System Engineer
Peter #1: "I really want to go abroad to have a brand new experience in stead
              of spending time for my job next decade."

Peter #2: "Are you kidding me?  It’s going to be so hard to get a job in these
              days!!!
  What is my strength that I have confidence?"

Peter #1: "I will find it!  Life is a show time!  One of my favorite songs said
              that!"

Peter #2: "Come on, dude.  I cannot see the future…
                It is possible that the decision could make my life much worse."

Peter #1: "I do not want to regret!  I am sure that my experience that
                I learned in society works well.
  I believe that investment
                for me is very important, especially before 30 years old!!!"

The argument was over.  I had headed to Canada with unfounded confidence.




実際に、ブログを始めてみると基本的な部分で気になる事が2つある。
文章能力の低さ語彙の少なさだ。
これは英語も日本語も両方である
考えてみれば、理系の大学を出てSEとして会社に勤めていた私は、こういった文章を書く機会が皆無に等しかった。
英語においてもコミュニケーションに重点を置いて勉強してきた私にとって、ライティング能力は比較すると低いと思う。

さて、少し私についてお話させていただきたい。
私はSEとして日本で3年働いた後、カナダはバンクーバーに語学留学をした。
その後9ヶ月間の語学留学を経て、本来の目標であったUCSDのビジネスマネジメントコース、マーケティング専攻へ入学することができた。
本コースは、MBAでは無く3クオーター制の9ヶ月間の社会人向けのプログラムである。その最終クオーターが先日始まったところである。

大学時代から留学することが夢の1つであった私は、その機会を待っていた。しかし、なかなか決心することができず、下記のような葛藤が自身の中にあった。

@大学時代のPeter
Peter#1: “海外っておもしろそうだなぁ。日本では感じられない世界が広がっている
                 んだろうなぁ。”

Peter#2: “でも留学したら1年間、就職延ばす事になるからみんなが稼いでるのに
      自分はお金持ってなくて悔しい思いするって。

Peter#1: “確かにそうだけど、社会に出たら海外旅行すら行くことが難しくなる
        じゃん。”

Peter#2: “お金稼がないことには海外旅行行ってもおもしろく無いって。
                 日本の友達と離れるのも寂しいじゃん。
                  海外で友達ができる保証も無いし
。”

Peter #1: “それもそうだけど。。。”

このような流れで諦めてしまい、就職の道を選んだ。
そして3年の月日が流れ、もう一度考え直した。

@社会人3年目のPeter

Peter#1: “このまま何十年も働き続けて人生を終えて行くより、まだ20代の今、
                 海外に行っておもしろいことがしたい!”

Peter#2: “え?会社辞めるの?今辞めたら、次就職するの本当に大変だって!
                 不況だし、何か特別秀でてるものあったけ?

Peter#1: それを探しに行くんだよ!Life is a show time! そんな歌詞が
                 好きな曲にあった気がするし、挑戦しなきゃ!”

Peter#3: オザケンきたーーーーーー”

Peter#2: “先がまったく見えないじゃん。
                 人生を台無しにする可能性もあるんだよ!
もっとよく考えて!”

Peter#1: ここで行かなければ後悔する!社会を経験したことで、さらに学ぶことも
                  多いと思うし、30代に入る前に新たな自分を探す!
                  自分への投資は惜しまない!
” 


そして日本に別れを告げ、根拠の無い自信と共にバンクーバーへ旅立った。


Peter Teppei

No comments:

Post a Comment

/* */